We are dedicated to providing high quality classes at a price that is affordable for students. The prices quoted below are for one-on-one classes, but if you choose to study with a friend, please let us know and we will send you an alternative quote. Also let us know if you would like to study fewer than 20 hours a week.
Discount! - If you plan to study 4 weeks (or more) with us, you will receive 25 hours a week for the price of 20 hours! The discount is cumulative. You pay the normal price for the first 3 weeks, then in week 4, we discount the total amount that has added up during those four weeks . And if you continue to study with us after that you will pay the discounted rate from week 5 onwards.
| 4 hours a day (20 hours a week) activities & excursions
| 5 hours a day (25 hours a week) activities & excursions*Discount for 4+ weeks
| 4 hours a day (20 hours a week) activities & excursions plus homestay (7 days)
| 5 hours a day (25 hours a week) activities & excursions plus homestay (7 days) *Discount for 4+ weeks
|Family homestay 7 days (3 meals a day). Only available to Spanish language students and/or English teachers.
|Q385 (or Q55 a day) (US$49.00)
* The US$ in brackets are just a guide (as the exchange rate is extremely variable), the tuition is charged in Quetzales.
Tuition Fee includes:
- Five days a week of one-on-one language instruction
- (Private room in homestay with a Guatemalan family for seven days a week and three meals a day including Sundays.)
- Optional participation in daily activities and excursions
- Optional participation in weekend activities, excluding public transportation costs and entrance costs (and accommodation if overnight, and not camping)
- Use of Utatlan computers or use of wifi.
- Daily fresh coffee, tea, and snacks during break
Terms and Conditions of payment
- We quote by week (as it is easier) but if you study fewer or more days then we will increase or decrease your tuition and homestay payment accordingly.
- Students pay for tuition when they arrive at the school and from them on they pay on Mondays and only pay for that week. Students confirm their next week’s study timetable by Thursday of the previous week.
- Payment can be made in Quetzales in cash, or also by credit or debit card using PayPal. The online options come with 5% service charge. If you have US$, it is easy to get them changed at one of the nearby banks, and we can help you with this if you need.
- If a student cancels their next day’s class before the school closes in the evening, the coordinator will advise their teacher and the student will not be charged. If they cancel later, or do not turn up for class, the school commits to paying the teacher and therefore cannot return the tuition cost of that day.
- At busy times of the year we require students to sign up online and pay the registration fee to guarantee your place. It is best to email us in advance of signing up so we can give you information about availability.
It is possible to study any day of the year at the school, however during weeks in which there is an official Guatemalan holiday, we normally replace the regular classroom tuition on that day with an extended cultural activity relevant to the particular holiday (this does not affect the tuition cost for that week). If you wish to receive class instead of taking part in the activity we add $10 to the tuition fee for that week because our teachers receive additional pay if they work on those days.
These days are as follows:
- Januany 1- Año Nuevo (New Year´s Day)
- March or April - Jueves Santo y Viernes Santo (Easter)
- May 1 - Día del trabajo (May Day)
- June 30 - Día del Ejército (Army Day)
- September 15 - Día de la independencia (Guatemalan Independence Day)
- October 20 - Día de la Revolución (Day of the Revolution)
- November 1 - Día de Todos los Santos (All Saints Day)
- December 25 – Navidad (Christmas Day)